Dave Bee, AICP
Dave Bee began at the WMRPC in 1999 and was appointed Director in 2000. He has 16 years of experience working in the field of planning. Dave’s primary responsibility involves implementing the policies of the 36-member Board of the WMRPC. Other responsibilities include developing and implementing an annual budget, maintaining a qualified staff, administration of numerous grants, member services, report coordination and preparation, and communications with members and public agencies.
● B.S., Urban Planning, Michigan State University, 1990
● Master of Public Administration, Grand Valley State University, 2004
● American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification, 1994
Current Professional Affiliations:
● American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
● Michigan Association of Planning
● American Planning Association
● Michigan Association of Regions
● Michigan Transportation Asset Management Council
● United Growth for Kent County, Urban and Rural Committees
● Ionia County M-66 Corridor Committee
● Allegan County M-40/M-89 Committee
● City of Grand Rapids Pattern Book Committee
Marguerite Novak has been working as a Planner since November 2014. She graduated from Michigan State University's Urban and Regional Planning program in 2014.
Marguerite’s primary responsibilities involve work with MDOT's Rural Task Forces and the Transportation Asset Management program. Her work activities also include developing mapping products, and information gathering, as well as research and analysis for projects related to community development.
Nancy Murphy has been the Administrative Assistant at the WMRPC since June 2000. Nancy’s responsibilities include website development, all accounting activities of the organization, the Region 8 Notes newsletter, meeting minutes, processing regional reviews, database management, and assorted other administrative activities.
Her work background includes six years employment as a public transportation planner in addition to over fifteen years of office and administrative experience. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts (with a major in Sociology) from Michigan State University and a Master of Urban Planning degree from the University of Michigan.